Saturday, June 29, 2013

early summer goings-on

It's been just over a month since I started school, which has been taking up most of my time. It is really odd to have such a fixed schedule when I am so used to doing things more on my own time, and the last few years I think I have really taken for granted all of the time I had to do the things that need to be done at a more leisurely pace. 

Any free time that I do have is coveted now, and most of that time has been spent in the garden, which has been going on pretty much the same way as if I was in it all day, everyday. It is a nice thing to have a garden full of hardy plants, and I am really happy that I have always tended to be pretty laid back when it comes to weeds and critters in the garden. It is probably saving me from high blood pressure at this point. ;)

double pink columbine
Something I don't reacall ever seeing before: two different coloured foxgloves growing from the same plant.

Just like to the past few Midsummers, I have set up a shrine to Airmid and to my honeybee friends to leave offerings of thanks on and to do some healing rituals.

a vessel made for healing.
I also have finally gotten around to do my "bigger" early summer herb harvest.



Last weekend I went with a few folks to see a RCMP musical ride over at Knowlton Ridge Equestrian Centre, to get a horsey fix. The event was held to raise funds for two young local equestrians to have a shot to represent Canada in international show rings.

One of the equestrians the fundraiser was for along with her lovely mount {people blurred for privacy}.
This is Africa, one of the horses that performed in the musical ride {people's faces blurred for privacy}.
{click to enlarge}
{click to enlarge}
{click to enlarge}
While I did enjoy watching the musical ride, I was even happier to go around and "meet" some of the horses at the Knowlton Ride facility. There was one mare that I was particularly smitten by {the lovely chestnut below} who was so friendly I wish I could have stuck her in my purse and brought her home with me. Her companion is a lovely mare too.

It turns out that my friendly chestnut is for sale and her name is Ginger. She is a 5 year old Hanoverian mare bred by the RCMP.  If I had the money, time and space, she would be coming home with me! But since I don't, interested folks can find more info at the Knowlton Ridge "for sale" page.

Sláinte! 

Laurel


1 comment:

Acrane said...

The altar to Airmid is so pretty Laurel. Very feminine and you can feel the sweetness, gentility, and slow peaceful pacing of genuine healing emminating from the picture.