Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Lughnasadh & Lammas!

{royalty free photo}

On Tuesday of the feast at the rise of the sun,
And the back of the bountiful fruits to the east,
I will go forth with my basket under my arm,
And I will pluck up the fruit.
While the harvested fruit is in my grasp,
I will raise mine eye upwards,
I will turn me on my heel quickly,
Rightway as travels the sun
From the airt of the east to the west,
From the airt of the north with motion calm
To the very core of the airt of the south.
I will give thanks to the Hosts of grace
For the growing crops of the ground,
They will give food to ourselves and to the Tribe
According as They disposeth to us.
Macha, Airmid, Flidais and Bride,
Gods, Ancestors, and Nature Spirits kind.

~ {Laurel's} adaptation of a Reaping Blessing from Carmina Gadelica

May you all enjoy the bounty of the season!

Sláinte!

Aymi & Laurel


post signature

6 comments:

Marisol said...

Hello! I hope that you have been good! Your garden is looking beautiful this year. Happy Lammas!

Hertha said...

Happy Lughnasadh to you both!

~*~cammie~*~ said...

~*~happy lammas~*~

nefaeria said...

Thanks folks! :)

Under The Root said...

Many blessings for the moons of Lammas, your words adorned my day.

nefaeria said...

Thanks dearie! :)