Friday, July 22, 2011

Back

Hi folks! Sorry it has been so long since I last posted. I went away for most of last week and this week I haven't felt much like sitting in front of the puter.

I ran away to the woods to hang out with family last week, and besides the mosquitoes, and deer & horse flies it was very nice.


This is Ernest Grey {Ernie for short, of course}. He is a rescue from All Heart Pet Rescue in Powassan, where my Aunt got him last year. He is one of the coolest cats I have ever met and I was trying to plot with him on how I could sneak him home with me. I don't think he was too interested though...he has it awesome where he is. Besides, I don't think Ellios would appreciate it too much.

{he is a rather smug looking fellow...}

{...but his heart is really as soft as his paws.}

{Ernie & Niko relaxing on a warm afternoon}

There are a lot of beautiful gardens in the area and I was smitten with one place in particular {a friend of my Aunt's, who is one of the Master Gardeners in the area}...

{the sign has been partially blurred for privacy}













My Aunt's gardens are beautiful too, but I spent more time exploring the forest on her land and came across a few old faces ;)










{an old corn grinder?}

Not too far of a walk from my Aunt's there is an old logging shoot. A local told me that some folks go down it in rubber tubes. I don't know if he was pulling my leg or not, but I am pretty sure I wouldn't.









I will have garden updates and other stuff posted soon.

Sláinte!

Laurel

post signature

6 comments:

Seren said...

Beautiful pictures! Glad you had a good time, and good to see you back.

I have a cat very like that - long-haired with the kind of mane, very regal looking. (Grumble wouldn't be caught dead chilling next to a dog, though).

nefaeria said...

Thanks Seren! Hehe, Grumble is such a cute name. :)

bek said...

All my favourite things: trees and flowers and cats! Looks like you had a great time there :)

I got massively bitten at the Agroforestry Research Trust at the weekend too - Jamie is always unaffected!!

Hertha said...

It looks like you had an amazing time. Your photos are very beautiful.

~*~cammie~*~ said...

beautiful photographs! ernie and niko are so cute!

nefaeria said...

Beks: I did! Who wouldn't with all those luverlies? :) What bites you over there? midges or do you have mosquitoes too?

Thanks Hertha & Cammie. :)