Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Midsummer in the Forest & by the Rapids

I got back a couple of days ago from the annual "crazy lady Midsummer weekend" at River Run {both Aymi & I went last year}. Even though I decided to stay off the rapids this year, I am still have a wee bit of recovering to do. Hehe.

It was a weekend of long nights around the fire with music and drink...


...and early mornings rising with the sun to get in as much time as possible to soak in the gorgeous scenery.




I am glad I decided not to raft this year as it gave me a chance to toddle off by myself and do a little ritual...




...and after leaving the appropriate offerings, I wildcrafted some much-needed pretties from the forest and river.


A little more than half of our gaggle decided to raft, and at around lunch time the rest of us were bussed out to meet up with them for lunch.


I forget what this particular set of rapids has been dubbed, but I know that they are mellower than many of them on the route.



After going on them last year, I much prefer to admire their beauty from the shore! ;)

Sláinte!

Laurel


post signature

6 comments:

Hertha said...

It looks like you had a beautiful time! I too spent the solstice in the woods.

Where did you get that wonderful little vial? Did you make it yourself?

Victoria said...

Yay..Happy Midsummer...gorgeous post! I love both vids..the first one was so peaceful and highly meditative..thankyou so much for sharing your magic!
Blessings
Victoria

Bek said...

Beautiful indeed - sounds like you had a great time! That video is very meditative: lovely all round :)

nefaeria said...

Hertha: Thanks! I did and I hope that yours was wonderful as well. :) The little deerie is made by Sarah Lawless of Forest Grove. I did a post on it last year about its purpose and you can find her store linked in there too.

ttp://nefaeriaofetsy.blogspot.com/2010/07/little-dearie-from-witch-of-forest.html

Wear a bib though when browsing her site, and make sure to have some $$ on your paypal! :D

Victoria: Thanks! I am glad that you enjoyed them and I hope that you are having a wonderful Summer out West so far! :)

Beks: Thanks dear! How's Summer across the Pond?? :)

perma_culture said...

"After going on them last year, I much prefer to admire their beauty from the shore!" After seeing the video I would say the same! This place looks beautiful though. I really love the forest pictures. =^)

Elizabeth S said...

What a beautiful place! The first video is so dreamy!