Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Celebration & Mourning


I love Autumn. The smell of rotting leaves and wood smoke, all the colours, the plentiful harvest. I believe that all the seasons are sacred, but this one is the most sacred to me.

For many of us it is a time to reflect on everything we are grateful for. We have the bounty of the fields and the wild, and we are also reminded that nothing lasts forever by the falling leaves and decay.


As with other cities and towns, the Canadian Thanksgiving marks the last weekend for our local Farmers' Market. So I went to go stock up on some garlic and preserves and I also went to Board's Honey Farm and got enough honey to last at least a little while {about 14 pounds!!!}.

I had a luverly dinner on Sunday with some family, where we enjoyed some good whiskey, laughs, and the colours in our yard.







Yesterday we drove around to enjoy the colours elsewhere and to visit my Grandparents’ grave {and those of some other Ancestors too}.










I definitely have a lot to be thankful for and I hope that you all do too! :)

Sláinte!

Laurel

2 comments:

bek said...

Wow, have you photoshopped some colours here again? Moste beautiful!

Aw..your grandparents headstone did bring a happy tear to my eye!

Gorgeous pics and wise words m'dear.

nefaeria said...

Thank you! :) And yeah, I was playing with ye olde photoshop a wee bit. ;)