Friday, February 19, 2010

Pretties on the Horizon

Howdy folks!

I have a few things that I wanted to share with all of our readers, which I am sure many of you will enjoy!

First up:


The good folks at The Piebird B&B {I did a post on them last year} have a new store called Soggy Creek Seed Co. They are selling organic and heirloom seeds and have an awesome info section on their webby too. Here is a little blurb from their site:

We've been wooing weirdness from the garden and have this collection of wonderful seeds to share. All our seeds are open-pollinated, organic, untreated and non-GMO. They are all heirlooms that have been given new names that are more appropriate to their characteristics. Many of our seeds are Northern grown, grown with love right here in Nipissing Ontario.

Sherry and Yan {the couple behind both Piebird and Soggy Creek} are luverly folks, and they are living out a very similar dream to what the better half and I aspire for ourselves. Oh, and they also have farmstays!

Next:


Gayla Trail the blogger and author of Your Grow Girl has recently come out with a new book entitled Grow Great Grub: Organic Food from Small Spaces. I haven't read it yet, but if it is half as good as her first book and blog, it would be a 'must have' for gardeners and urban homesteaders!

Lastly:


Irish mythology enthusiasts might be excited to find out that a movie is being made about Cúchulainn by BreakThru Films called Hound. You can find out more about the film at the Celtic Myth Podshow blog.

Sláinte!

Laurel

5 comments:

Medusae said...

Hey!!!
Thanks for the heads-up about Cúchulainn! I'll have to keep my eye on that one.

Very cool about the seeds. I bet you're getting anxious for spring to begin ;)

Anonymous said...

that book looks interesting!

Cammie said...

I love Irish legends! Thanx for letting me know about the movie!

Hertha said...

I have been hearing about this movie! It sounds like it is going to be awesome! Thanks for the news of the most recent Gayla Trail book. I have you grow girl and I learned a lot from it.

nefaeria said...

Medusae: You are most welcome, I am quite excited about this movie. :) And yes, I am certainly itching for Spring! How has the weather been up there for the last little while?

Anon: If you check it out, please let me know what you think! :)

Cammie: My pleasure. :) Do you have a favourite Irish myth?

Hertha: I think it will be too! Although I don't want to get too hyped up about it. ;) YGG is a fantastic book! Do you ever check out her blog or forum?